Landscaping, whether the back yard, front yard, or both, is a great way to add value to your home. Sometimes a climate is not conducive to green grass and lots of lush plants so people will go for Xeriscaping. Even if you live in a climate conducive to plant life, stone is still a great addition to any landscaping project. So what are some ways to use different types of rock in your landscaping?
Xeriscaping is landscaping and gardening that reduces or eliminates the need for supplemental water from irrigation. The greatest asset of this type of landscaping is that in areas prone to drought, homes can still have beautiful yards without the use of water in upkeep. In xeriscaping, a lot of stone and plants which require little water are used.
While xeriscaping is a great way to landscape, especially if you struggle with water restrictions, there are many ways to landscape. Spaces can look clean with or without the use of rocks and stones, but with them, yards can look very well put together or even exciting. So if you are considering using stone in the landscaping of your space, whether you xeriscape or not, there are tons of ideas to create welcoming and livable spaces. Following are some unique ways to use stone in your home.
1) Stone pavers can create a chic yet simple looking floor and when matched with a sleek stone fireplace creates a relaxing, comfortable space.
2) Terraced stone steps in a mix-and-match pattern lay-out creates a strong focal point for the yard and plants can be added on either side of the steps to create visual interest. Try mixing different greens and even other vibrant colors for an interesting design.
3) Stone pavers are very popular, as you can see by their previous mention. A great asset of pavers is that they take up a large amount of space, saving water from thirsty grass while still looking great.
4) Stepping stones can be a very practical way to add beauty to your space. With the addition of plants, it can create a contrast and vibrancy. Some opt for a pebble or mulch lane surrounding the stones. This can be very chic and could use many different colors, shapes, and sizes depending on the design of your space.
5) A gabion wall is a retaining wall made of stacked stone-filled gabions tied together with wire. These walls can be used for various purposes including erosion control, dams, or foundation depending on what is put in them. Aside from function, though, they create a great focal peace and can help break up the colors in a lawn.
6) Stone can be used in a variety of ways to make benches. They could have granite or marble or any other stone surface. The base could be made of caged in stone or, again, granite or another solid stone. There are many options for every type of design.
7) The use of pebbles in a garden or lawn can create a fun yet still very chic space. Depending on the look youâre going for, there are a variety of different pebbles to choose from ranging in size and color. They can be used by themselves or placed around plants or stones walkways or furniture.
8) The use of big rocks and natural stones can be used in a rolling slope for a more natural look. These looks are great for spaces that you want to look more wild or untouched. They are beautiful and unique.